- Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
08/06/2021 · Anne Frank, in full Annelies Marie Frank, (born June 12, 1929, Frankfurt am Main, Germany—died February/March 1945, Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, near Hannover), Jewish girl whose diary of her family’s two years in hiding during the German occupation of the Netherlands became a classic of war literature.
25/01/2019 · Born on 12 June 1929, Anne Frank was a young teenager in the Netherlands during the Holocaust. This year would have been her 90th birthday. She lived in Amsterdam with her family, but - …
- Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
- Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
Annelies Marie "Anne" Frank was a German-Dutch diarist of Jewish heritage. One of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust, she gained fame posthumously with the 1947 publication... Wikipedia
- Born: Annelies or Anneliese Marie Frank, June 12, 1929, Frankfurt, Prussia, Weimar Republic
- Died: February 1945 (aged 15), Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, Eastern Hanover, Nazi Germany
- Resting place: Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Occupation: Diarist
- Language: Dutch
- Citizenship: German (1929–1941), Stateless (1941–1945)
- Relatives: Otto Frank (father), Edith Frank (mother), Margot Frank (sister), Buddy Elias (cousin)
- Data source:
08/11/2009 · Anne Frank (1929-1945), a young Jewish girl, her sister, and her parents moved to the Netherlands from Germany after Adolf Hitler and the Nazis came to power there in 1933 and made life...
21/06/2019 · Anne Frank was born in Germany in 1929 during a time when the country was troubled. Many people had lost their jobs and were becoming poorer and Adolf Hitler – the leader of the Nazi* party – was blaming Jews* for Germany’s problems. Afraid for their safety, Anne’s parents moved the family to Holland when Anne was just four years old.
02/11/2017 · The official website of the Anne Frank House, with the most complete and up-to-date information about Anne Frank, her diary, and the Secret Annex. Visit our museum and read more about our educational activities across the world.
In June 1942, a 15-year-old girl kept a diary about her thoughts and feelings. Her name was Anne Frank and her diary is world famous. But why is it special? The Frank family was Jewish and left...